Thursday, March 13, 2008

Demolitian Day



















It is amazing what you can accomplish in a week. It is just astonishing that in a weeks time, Louis and I went "looking" at granite and a week later we have a whole new kitchen (well almost). Abel (the amazing granite fabricator) showed up yesterday morning and started tearing into the kitchen. I had no idea what was involved. As you can see by the photos, our house looked like a space station, or a quarantine area or something. Louis and I were hanging out in the bedroom trying to stay out of the way and I could just hear them with the saws and sledge hammers. It was a little unnerving. I think I would have rather been out of the house, because when you hear all that noise, you feel like your house is coming down. Strange. But it was all worth it because I love the finished product. It looks like a new house. Both Louis and I kept staring at it thinking we were somewhere else. We don't have the new appliances yet, but I think our new refrig will be here tomorrow morning and the rest is being installed on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jen,
    Wow! Your kitchen looks awesome. I just love the way you decorate. You have a real talent and an "eye" for it. I enjoy reading your blog, it makes me feel included in your lives...even though we live so far away. Enjoy your beautiful kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina - Thanks for the note. I love hearing from you. We miss you and the boys very much!

    ReplyDelete