Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our New Plan to Explore CA

Lately it seems like our weekends are so boring. Louis FINALLY has weekends off (at least through the month of May) and it seems like we just are searching for things to do. So we decided that we need to find a fun family hobby, and do some more exploring around California. I was thinking about maybe taking a few golf lessons together. There is a new driving range called Birdie's in Palmdale that has lessons and we live right by the Rancho Vista Golf Course and my parents live right on the Golf Course in the Country Club...so I thought that might be fun. I also thought tennis might be fun too. My parents have the tennis courts right there too and I used to play as a kid. I actually went to "tennis camp" every summer when I was growing up. Also, Louis and Emma both LOVE to hike. Louis grew up hiking Devil's Punch Bowl with his family. We have gone there several times and even though it is not my favorite, it beats staying home watching TV all day. The only bad thing is that you can only do it so many times during the year. The summer is too hot and the winter is too cold, so I guess this time of year would be best for hiking out there.

Today we were out trying to find things to do and I wanted to stop by Barnes & Noble to pre-order Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host" which is coming out on Tuesday (I am so excited), and they had a big display on "Exploring California" with a bunch of books and maps on things to do in California. I picked up a few books and this super fun one called Weird California. It has a bunch of fun things to do and see around California. So Louis and I decided that we are going to make a list of the unusual things we can go and see in Southern California. I am actually very excited about it. The girls are at a good age so we can just pick up and go. I also bought a book on hiking around Los Angeles County. I am sure there are better hiking places than Devil's Punch Bowl (Louis may disagree), so starting next week we are going on an exploration journey around Southern California.

3 comments:

  1. I think that is a great idea. We also need to make that goal for our family. We have so many things to see around the Washington DC area. Since I have hiked Devil's Punch bowl (although it was awhile ago) I feel confident to say there are other beautiful places to hike also. Chad is the hiker in our family. If I am forced to hike and camp, I prefer to camp at the beach in a cabin. I'm not much for roughing it. Thankfully Greg appreciates a cabin as much as I do when we camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. My idea of camping is in my parents big motorhome with satellite TV and internet connection! :-) Did I mention they also have a washer and dryer? Because camping can get quite dirty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a cool banner like you have at the top of your blog. How do you do that? You are very tricky.

    ReplyDelete