Busy, busy, busy summer. We just got back from our annual San Diego trip. We spent only two weeks down there this year (as opposed to our usual 3-4). This trip is always been one of my favorites. We have been going camping down there since I was about Grace's age so I think it always makes me feel like a kid again. We do tons of biking, swimming, bbq'ing, campfires, marshmallow roastin' and lots of other fun outdoorsy things. It's great now because the girls are at the perfect age. They are both quite sufficient on a two-wheel bike now so we were able to go on a couple of "long" bike rides. It's the bike rides that I remember loving as a kid, but until now the bike rides were kept to a minimum because the girls just couldn't quite go that far. Now they are off and running like champs. Grace actually did better than Emma which surprised me. A couple of times Emma had to get off and walk her bike up the "hills", but Grace just kept on peddling like a champ. I was very proud of her.
We always fit in some touristy stuff too. We hit Sea World one day and Point Loma and the lighthouse another day and then Balboa Park and the Children's Science Museum (which is my personal favorite). I actually forgot to take my camera with me (and I call myself a scrapbooker) so I have little visual evidence of our vacation which disappoints me. I did take a few with my phone, so I will upload those later. The best part of San Diego though is spending time with Grant and Abigail (and of course Stac too). Each year the kids play better and better together. It makes me glad that they will have a close relationship growing up like Stacey and I did. Because family is everything!
The girls were home for a day and then back to Flagstaff with my mom and dad. Louis and I will join them later in the week after a few days of work and we will finish off our vacation in Arizona. We figured that out of the eight weeks the girls were out of school for summer, they will have spent a total of 4 days at home. Me a few more because of the swap meet, but not many. We have really made the most of our summer. I have such a great life!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

:) Thank you for loving us!
ReplyDelete