Not that many people read my blog these days because I am so bad at updating it on a regular basis, I still wanted to post a link to this article from the Washington Post that I read regarding the election. As most know I get a little (ok not a little, a lot) passionate about all things political. The problem I have is being able to articulate my reasons and debate well, because by nature I am not the arguing type (my husband may disagree with this statement, but it's true!). So I read this article and it says so well all the things I think. In case you don't read the whole article...here are a few points I felt are important...
(Taken from an article by Charles Krauthammer from the Washington Post)
"Who do you want answering that phone at 3 a.m.? A man who's been cramming on these issues for the past year, who's never had to make an executive decision affecting so much as a city, let alone the world? A foreign policy novice instinctively inclined to the flabbiest, most vaporous multilateralism (e.g., the Berlin Wall came down because of "a world that stands as one"), and who refers to the most deliberate act of war since Pearl Harbor as "the tragedy of 9/11," a term more appropriate for a bus accident?
Or do you want a man who is the most prepared, most knowledgeable, most serious foreign policy thinker in the United States Senate? A man who not only has the best instincts but has the honor and the courage to, yes, put country first, as when he carried the lonely fight for the surge that turned Iraq from catastrophic defeat into achievable strategic victory?
There's just no comparison. Obama's own running mate warned this week that Obama's youth and inexperience will invite a crisis -- indeed a crisis "generated" precisely to test him. Can you be serious about national security and vote on Nov. 4 to invite that test?
And how will he pass it? Well, how has he fared on the only two significant foreign policy tests he has faced since he's been in the Senate? The first was the surge. Obama failed spectacularly. He not only opposed it. He tried to denigrate it, stop it and, finally, deny its success.
The second test was Georgia, to which Obama responded instinctively with evenhanded moral equivalence, urging restraint on both sides. McCain did not have to consult his advisers to instantly identify the aggressor.
Today's economic crisis, like every other in our history, will in time pass. But the barbarians will still be at the gates. Whom do you want on the parapet? I'm for the guy who can tell the lion from the lamb.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad to see you came back from Paradise. I thought maybe you just decided to stay there permenantly...not that I'd blame you. Go McCain!!!
ReplyDelete