I am part of a Pepperdine Delta Alumni group on Facebook and one of the other members posted this great story that I just had to post...here goes...
"Today on my way to breakfast I passed a homeless guy with a sign the read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' Once in the restaurant I noticed my server had on a 'Obama 08' pin on her shirt. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to her that I was putting into practice the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. She stood there in disbelief while I told her that I was going to redistribute her tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the server was pretty angry that I gave away the money she had worked to so hard to earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application."
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment