Lake Powell has always been a special place for our family. We've been going to the lake since I was about Grace's age. I just love it there. The last couple of summers we have been able to spend a little more time there since it's only two hours from Flagstaff. We keep the deck boat in storage up there, so we can just grab our swim suits and head to the lake. Easy Breezy. My cousin Stacey was visiting with her twins Grant and Abby. My other cousin, Terri was here from Florida with her two girls, Emily and Sara, so it was perfect time to head up there.
Anyone who has been to the Lake with us, knows that something always happens. It's almost never problem free. Whether it's running out of gas in the boat and getting stranded overnight, trips to the ER, hitting a rock and having to be rescued by Harbor Patrol, you name it. This trip wasn't too problematic. The first day the boat was overheating if we went too fast, so the first day we just kept it close to the marina. My dad and uncle worked on it the next morning and all was well the next couple of days. The only injuries were mine. I scraped my chin on something, and then I was helping Grace get on the raft and I got kicked in the mouth. She split my lip open and I was sporting a nice fat lip for a few days. All in all, we had a blast! I think we are already making plans to go back next week.
 |
| Grace and I. Notice the scrape on my chin? This was before the fat lip. |
 |
Stac, Granters and Terri
|
 |
| Sara and Grace |
 |
| Me and my dad |
 |
Grace and Grammy
|
 |
| The Captain |
 |
No water skiing this trip, but we sure had fun on the big innertube
|
 |
| Enjoying the water |
 |
| Me trying my darndest to get a tan. |
 |
| Emily, Honey, Sara and Terri. Three generations... |
 |
| I was the lucky one to have all the kids in my car. All six of 'em. We had a blast. We rocked out to Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga...all sorts of stuff. And yes, I was singing right along with them and I knew all the words. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment