Friday, July 22, 2011

Slippin' and Slidin' at Slide Rock

The four cousins...Grace, Sara, Cole and Emma
Grace has been bugging me all summer to go to Slide Rock. It is this stretch of slippery rocks where the water runs down off the mountains and creates these natural water slides. It's about 35 minutes away, halfway between Flagstaff and Sedona. It is a lot of fun, but the water is so cold. The kids just love it though. With Bran, Brian and the kids visiting this week, we thought it would be a great time to finally go, and we all had a great time!

Brandi and Brian -- Even after 20 years together, these two are still so in love! :)
Bran and I



Sammi and Emma

Cole and Sara

I forget who that is...
There they are..all wet, sunburned and very tired

That's me slidin' down. Yep, I braved the 60 degree water and had a great time doin' it.

Little Grace...She was so happy to FINALLY get to go to Slide Rock!
Emma and Sara. Boy, are we gonna miss her when she goes back to Florida in a couple of weeks. We've sure had fun having her around this summer.

The view from Slide Rock is so beautiful, it's breathtaking. I just love the red rock mountains and the green trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment