Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Missing in Action

I might be the worst blogger in blogger history. It's really the story of my life. I start a project (or a diet, or a business, etc.) and get all gung-ho about it and then I get busy, and then so much time goes by and the thought of getting all caught up overwhelms me so I put it off some more and then it gets more overwhelming, etc. and then I just forget about the whole thing. Is there a name for that??? Crazy maybe??? So I decided that I am just going to do it. There are about a million things I want to blog about that we've been doing. Some really fun things, but it would take me hours to write it all and no one would read it all anyway, so I am just going to go through a quick update. After a crazy month of May with all the birthdays and Mother's Day, we flew into June with end of school parties, field trips, etc. But I guess the highlight of the month so far is that we just got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta. It was an all-girls trip with my mom, my girls and some very good girlfriends. It was so much fun. Here are a few fun photos of our adventures. Don't you just love the braids. Best kid hairstyle for the summer, so easy to maintain. We have been going to Mexico for years and the Mexican ladies are always trying to braid our hair, so Ruthie thought it would be fun to do it, and of course the kids wanted to get it done and then they talked me into it too. I only kept mine in for a couple of days, but Emma's hair (I think because it is so thick) is still going strong.

Now the girls are with Grammy for 10 days in Flagstaff while I stay home and work the swap meet. It feels strange not having them around, but kinda nice at the same time. It is nice that they are at that age where they can go and be fine without me. A nice little taste of freedom. Louis is actually finishing up his shift today and then we are going to go somewhere just the two of us for a couple of days. That should be nice.


1 comment: