

Louis is working today (and tonight) so today's Valentine's has been all about the girls. It all started last night. I was up until almost midnight finishing the Valentine's gifts for the girls' classes. I am actually the room mom for both classes so I was busy assembling 60 goody bags for today's parties and the handmade teacher/staff gifts I made. For those of you who know what a big procrastinator I am, this comes as no surprise. Thankfully I have a great husband (who is a great dad) who was right there with me helping. I attached a couple of photos of the girls today and one of the gift I made for their teachers. I noticed that Grace's teacher drinks one of those Starbucks frappacino's that you buy in the bottles at the store and I thought it would make a perfect little valentine gift. So a couple of weeks ago I asked her to save them for me and I cleaned them out, filled them with candy and decorated the outside. I thought they turned out cute. Not as cute as I had hoped, but what can you expect at 11 p.m. the night before! :-)
So tonight I am celebrating V-day by getting ready for our annual scrapbook expo trip. I am quite excited! This is our 6th year and it gets more fun each year. I am really bummed that Kim couldn't make it this year since she is was my first scrapbook buddy and I never get to scrapbook with her anymore! I am looking forward to her visit in a couple of weeks. Yesterday was Louis's day off so we spent the day together. It was really nice. My mom picked up the girls from school. We went to see "Fool's Gold'. It was a cute movie for Valentine's Day. Not my favorite, but OK. Then we had a nice lunch and then went shopping (my favorite part). I needed to get some stuff for this weekend and I love that he just follows along with me to wherever I want to go, and shleps all my stuff with not one word of complaint. He really is a great husband. I feel very lucky.
I hope everyone is having a great, relaxing, romantic Valentine's night!

What a cute idea for the teachers. Very creative! Room mother for 2 classes, you are crazy! What a good Mom.
ReplyDeleteI am completely crazy to be room mom for both classes. It is not by choice however. Last year I was room mom for Emma's 1st grade class and vowed to never do it again. Then this year both teachers actually asked if I would be it, and I just couldn't say no. So far it hasn't been too bad.
ReplyDelete