Monday, April 14, 2008

A New Do


I finally talked Grace into cutting off her hair. Her hair is more like mine, fine and straight. And she is at the stage where she wants to do it herself now. I can't get Emma to do her own hair, but Grace wants to do hers. Go figure. So lately she puts it in a pony-tail, then takes it out, puts it back in, takes it out, puts it back in... do you see the pattern here? So basically her hair looks pretty wild most of the day. And it is so tangly by the end of the day I can hardly brush it out (which she would fight me on because she wants to brush it herself). So Louis was going to get his haircut, so I said to Grace, do you want to go with Daddy to get your hair cut and she agreed. I told Louis "tell the lady to cut it into a 'bob' right at chin length" (I've done that cut on her before and it always looked cute). It was funny because then Louis said to me "Do I have to actually say a 'bob'?" Like I just made up some funny word for it. So I had to assure him that was in fact what they called it, and that the lady at the salon would "for sure" know what a "bob" is. That's a guy for you. But when they got home I just loved it. It fits her perfectly. Short and sassy. And she loves it too. And it is sooooo much easier to take care of. I just LOVE it!

1 comment: